After that early bedtime, we were both up pretty early. I got up about 0600 and Lulu was up within a half hour after that. She noted that the temperature in the cabin was very pleasant. At 0700 it was already 78 degrees down below. I actually slept kind of hot last night.
As predicted, the winds did indeed build up through the night. And they haven’t let up yet. No way are we going to try to put the dinghy together, much less go ashore. No thank you. I got up twice during the night to check things on deck and Lulu did once. Don’t know about her, but when I went out I just wore my sleeping shorts and. although I wouldn’t want to be in the wind too long like that, was perfectly comfortable for the short time I was out.
Through the night and all day today we’ve been experiencing steady winds in the upper teens and frequent gusts of 30 knots. The boat is dancing around at the end of her tether but the Rocna is holding on tenaciously. It’s nice to have good ground tackle.
This picture is supposed to convey how rough it is today but, as expected, it really doesn’t.
Got a call on the VHF from Mark on Wendaway, one of the other boats anchored here. Called just to chat a little and see if I needed any weather info as he apparently loves to collect the stuff. He told me that this wind is supposed to start laying down Wednesday evening and be pretty much over by Thursday. So, Thursday looks like our next travel day. From here on out it looks like we should be able to do short day hops from anchorage to anchorage. We probably won’t get ashore here. We want to head out before the next system arrives as this is about the most exposed place on the whole Baja coast, sticking out as it does right into the Sea.
The plan tomorrow is to fire up the watermaker and add a few gallons to our fresh water tank. Also need to top up the transmission oil and plot our course. Work, work, work.